INGREDIENTS YOU NEED:
- 15-ounce can black beans (*rinsed very well and drained)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (*cook according to package directions)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh mango (*approximately 1 mango)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely diced (*optional)
- juice from 1 medium lemon
- 1 1/2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
WHAT TO DO:
- First you will want to cook the quinoa. (I typically cook the quinoa, in advance, during my weekly meal prep. I cook enough quinoa to make this recipe as well as any other recipe for the week that will use quinoa.) While the quinoa is cooking, rinse the black beans, cook the frozen corn, chop the red and jalapeño peppers, chop the mango and cilantro, and dice the onion.
- Add all items together in a large mixing bowl– the black beans, quinoa, corn, bell pepper, mango, onion, cilantro, and jalapeño. You want to make sure the quinoa is cool BEFORE adding the ingredients.
- Next, mix the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and cumin a small bowl and drizzle it over the mixture. You will want to stir well.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
(NOTE: This is best when mixed the night before so the flavors have the time to marinate! Also, I added 1 1/2 avocado to step 3 above. It made the dressing creamy.)
For more tips, support, recipes, meal planning, and other health and wellness assistance, please apply here by completing my get support form!