A crockpot recipe that can double for dinner and lunch is always a bonus! The remaining pork can be used to make a yummy pork sandwich for lunch and it is your preference if you want to add a little barbeque sauce.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED:
- 2 pound boneless pork shoulder roast (sirloin roast)
- Salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon local honey
WHAT TO DO:
1. Season the pork with salt, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes.
2. Place into the slow cooker.
3. Mix together the broth and vinegar and pour it over the pork, then pour the honey over and set the timer for 4 hours on High or 6-8 hours on Low.
4. Once the pork is cooked and tender (it should shred easily with a fork), remove from slow cooker with tongs into a serving dish. Break apart lightly with two forks and put back into the slow cooker and ladle 1/2 cup sauce over the pork and keep warm until ready to eat.
5. Serve with a vegetable of choice such as steamed asparagus.
For more tips, support, recipes, meal planning, and other health and wellness assistance, please apply here by completing my get support form!