Many recipes seem to call for bananas and/or peanut butter for cleaner version of snacks. Sometimes you just need a change up without throwing off your entire day. I cannot resist eating raw cookie dough when making chocolate chip cookies. Eating raw cookie dough with eggs isn’t the smartest choice, but I know the temptation is pretty difficult to resist. Not to mention all of the sugar used to make cookies!
Here is my solution…COOKIE DOUGH BITES! Few ingredients and no baking necessary. The hard part will be limiting yourself to 2 cookie dough bites in one day! My tip is to keep them in the freezer and portion out the allotted cookie dough bites. This is a great sweet treat that will not undo your entire day of healthier eating and exercise.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED:
- 2/3 cup raw cashews
- 1 1/3 cup of quick oats
- 2 TBSP Agave
- 1 TBSP Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup of miniature chocolate chips
WHAT TO DO:
- Blend the cashews and oats in a blender or food processor until they are in a powder. Be careful not to over blend OR the cashews will turn into cashew butter!
- Add the agave, maple syrup, and vanilla to the mixture. Blend until well incorporated, but do not over process. Sometimes I have to use a spatula or mix by hand.
- Place mixture in a small bowl and stir in chocolate chips by hand. The miniature chocolate chips work the best.
- Form into 1 – inch balls. This recipe makes approximately 13 cookie dough bites.
- Place in freezer or refrigerator.
For more tips, support, recipes, meal planning, and other health and wellness assistance, please apply here by completing my get support form!