Most healthy sweet treats have peanut butter and bananas as main ingredients. Well this doesn’t help me much because my husband doesn’t exactly prefer when I make desserts that are the slight bit healthy! This recipe though was different and it left him wanting more peanut butter banana chocolate chip muffins after trying one when I was out of sight. You know, after my initial offer and his prompt reply of “no thanks”! My daughter enjoyed the muffins with whip cream and a raspberry on top. Once you try this recipe, please share if you add any different toppings from the ones suggested below.
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 cup peanut butter (*once measured-melt PB for 30-45 seconds in microwave)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 medium sized bananas, very ripe (brown)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Take a mini muffin pan and lightly coat with cooking spray
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until mixed well. I use a Vitamix blender.
- Pour batter into mini muffin pan
- Add toppings of choice (mini chocolate chips, finely chopped walnuts, coconut, etc.) into each spot of the mini muffin pan. You will want to gently press the toppings into the batter.
- Place mini muffin pan in the oven and bake for approximately 8 minutes – do not over bake!
For more tips, support, recipes, meal planning, and other health and wellness assistance, please apply here by completing my get support form!