It’s that time of month and all you want to reach for is a candy bar. Alright, I know many of you can relate and I’m excited to share a no bake recipe that is going to leave you wanting to lick the bowl! My sweet girl and I whipped up these no bake bites. The ingredients are simple, but healthy! Yes, the recipe consists of ingredients you can recognize compared to the long list mentioned on a candy bar wrapper.
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED
- 1 cup of Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Honey (*I prefer to use honey made local.)
- 1/2 cup Unrefined Coconut Oil
- 2 cups Rolled Oats (*do not use instant oats)
- 1/2 cup Walnuts or Pecans, chopped
- 1 1/4 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Optional: Top with toasted coconut or coconut crunch
WHAT TO DO
- In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter, honey, and coconut oil. Melt ingredients in the microwave for 5-10 seconds and then stir the mixture until it melts. If necessary, place in the microwave for an additional 5 seconds.
- Add the chocolate chips. Stir the mixture until the chocolate chips begin to melt. You might need to place the mixture in the microwave for 5-10 seconds; continue to stir the mixture until the chocolate chips are all melted and the consistency is smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract, rolled oats, and chopped walnuts.
- Pour into an 8×8 pan that has been lined with wax paper.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate hardens; at least 3-4 hours. *Optional topping is coconut; shown in the picture below.
- Slice into 1″ – 2″ square pieces.
- Store in the refrigerator.
For more tips, support, recipes, meal planning, and other health and wellness assistance, please apply here by completing my get support form!