Think about how many conditions come with being overweight as a result of not making healthy choices including: problems with bones and joints, heart disease, diabetes type II, and more. I often wonder why we spend money on materialistic items rather than on our health!
Here are some steps that helped me start my journey to a healthier me and I wanted to share with you!
1. Drink water; divide your body weight in half and that is the number of ounces each day you should strive to drink.
2. Eat breakfast (*I used to skip breakout out of laziness or because I was rushing out the door to work. The solution for me was Shakeology; a meal replacement packed full of nutrition. Skipping my breakfast that takes a few minutes is no longer an option for me!)
3. Avoid added, refined sugars (*Have you ever noticed how much sugar is in milk?)
4. Eat veggies (*I eat about 3-4 cups of veggies each day for my calorie range.)
5. Exercise (*25 to 40 minutes a day is all that is really needed to see results!)
6. Improve regularity (*Often times this is not a fun topic, but something that is important to pay attention to. A bowel movement should be daily. If not daily then flaxseed can be used to help with this. For me, Shakeology has helped with regularity.)
7. Get Support – Many would think that support would come from family and friends. However, people are less likely to encourage and motivate you when they are not mentally ready to change their own habits. It is very important to put your blinders on and surround yourself by individuals who want this mental and physical transformation. Virtual challenge groups are a wonderful way to have support without ever having to leave the comfort of your own home!
For more tips, support, recipes, meal planning, and other health and wellness assistance, please apply here by completing my get support form!