My family absolutely loves this dinner option. The marinade is what makes this salmon delicious!
The grilled salmon was a hit that my husband and daughter both enjoyed. My daughter’s plate had salmon, watermelon, broccoli, orange peppers, and yellow cherry tomatoes. My husband and I made a salad using spinach from a local farm.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE MARINADE:
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
WHAT TO DO:
1. Season salmon fillets with lemon juice (squeeze fresh lemon over fillets, sprinkle pepper, garlic powder, and salt (optional).
2. In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, water, and vegetable oil until sugar is dissolved. Place fish in a large resealable plastic bag (or small glass baking dish with lid is what I use) with the soy sauce mixture and cover.
3. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. (*I typically will prep the night before or in the morning before I leave for work.)
4. Preheat grill for medium heat (*Remember to clean grill off with wire brush once heated!)
5. Place salmon on the preheated grill and cook salmon for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
6. You can combine salmon with your favorite vegetable or make as a salad.
For more tips, support, recipes, meal planning, and other health and wellness assistance, please apply here by completing my get support form!