This is a great option for a vegetarian meal or even add chicken or broccoli.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED:
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1 inch) knob fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes or crushed red pepper
- 1-2 tablespoon organic coconut oil, melted
- 1 small bunch green onions, thinly sliced
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
1. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the marinade. Add the chickpeas to the marinade, and stir well to coat.
2. Cover the chickpeas and allow them to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
3. In a large pan over medium heat, add the coconut oil 1-2 tablespoons, the marinated chickpeas, and the remaining ingredients for the chickpeas.
4. Sauté for about 6 to 8 minutes, until the chickpeas begin to caramelize and brown slightly.
5. Remove from the heat and allow the chickpeas to cool slightly.
6. Serve the warm chickpeas over steamed brown rice, and garnish with cashews and green onions.
For more tips, support, recipes, meal planning, and other health and wellness assistance, please apply here by completing my get support form!