Not sure what to do with the left over chicken or turkey? Here is something simple to make on those busy nights and it could double as lunch the next day! My family loved this idea. By the way, is the correct spelling spicy or spicey?
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED:
- Cooked brown rice
- Turkey or shredded chicken
- 1 TBSP of Hot Sauce; Red Hot (*For a child who might not like hot sauce; you can set some meat aside for them and use Red Hot on the rest.)
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
1. Make the brown rice according to directions. The 10 minute brown rice is an option or you might have brown rice already made during your meal prep that you could use for this recipe.
2. Cook your frozen broccoli or steam fresh broccoli.
3. Place the meat into a pan and add the hot sauce; heat until warm.
4. Mix all ingredients together and serve. You can even serve separately if your child does not like everything mixed together.
Each serving would equate to one green (broccoli), 1 yellow (rice), and 1 red (chicken or turkey). The hot sauce adds some additional salt, but otherwise would be a “free food” so I usually count this as 1 teaspoon and my orange. You could also top with some avocados (1 blue).
The color coded containers are available for purchase in my fitness shop.
For more tips, support, recipes, meal planning, and other health and wellness assistance, please apply here by completing my get support form!