I’m not one to sit down and eat breakfast in the morning. Shakeology is my go-to for breakfast on the go! You can often find me making breakfast for dinner in our household especially on the nights where it seems impossible to come up with something to cook. Today was different and I’m very happy I decided to try this recipe from the Country Heat nutrition guide that comes with the Country Heat at home fitness program. The fresh salsa and avocado made breakfast savory and refreshing!
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED:
- 4 large eggs
- 1-2 TBSP almond milk or milk
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Salt, dash
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 small red potatoes, finely chopped
- 1-2 TBSP water
- 1/2 cup fresh tomato salsa
- 2 TBSP cilantro, finely chopped (*optional)
- 1/2 medium avocado, sliced
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO DO:
- Combine eggs and almond milk in a medium bowl; whisk to blend. Season with chili powder, cumin, and salt.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and potato; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add water; cook for 6 to 7 minutes or until onion is translucent and potato is soft.
- Add onion/potato mixture to the egg mixture; stir. Once stirred then add mixture to the skillet; cook slowly over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes or until eggs are done.
- Divide mixture evenly between 2 serving plates.
- Top with salsa, cilantro, and avocado.
For more tips, support, recipes, meal planning, and other health and wellness assistance, please apply here by completing my get support form!
21 day fix portion for this recipe is 1 green container, 1 yellow, 1 red, and 1 blue. The color coded containers are available for purchase in my fitness shop.