Day 1 of the Country Heat meal plan included the Turkey & Sweet Potato Hash over Zoodles. I have to say that this recipe was enjoyed by my family. It made good use of items from our garden; yellow zucchini and green pepper. I used ground pork instead of turkey for the recipe. I attempt to use what I have in our freezer before buying more ingredients!
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1-2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled & chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Salt, dash
- Pepper, dash
- 2-3 medium zucchini (*made into zoodles)
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO DO:
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, green pepper, and sweet potatoes; cook for 8-10 minutes stirring frequently or until onion is translucent and sweet potato is tender-crisp.
- Add turkey; cook for 5 to 6 minutes stirring frequently or until turkey is cooked through and sweet potato is soft.
- Add garlic and thyme. Season with salt (optional) and pepper. Cook for approximately 1 minute.
- Serve over zucchini zoodles. I cooked the zucchini zoodles (separately) in a medium skillet over medium heat with a little olive oil until tender-crisp; approximately 8-10 minutes.
This recipe makes 3-4 servings. For the 21 Day Fix, each serving is equivalent to 1 green container, 1 yellow container, 1 red container, and 1 spoon. The color coded containers are available for purchase in my fitness shop.
For more tips, support, recipes, meal planning, and other health and wellness assistance, please apply here by completing my get support form!