I am all about a fast, easy, and healthy breakfast for my family! Also, I like recipes that my daughter can help make alongside me. I feel this recipe is a great way to sneak in veggies too. I have prepped this ahead of time and eaten the veggie egg muffins the next day as a quick grab and go. It is a bonus having parents who live close by and have farm fresh eggs available! I try my best not to support factory farms.
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED:
- 10 to 12 eggs
- 1 (10 oz) bag of baby spinach, chopped (*you can chop half the bag and use the rest for a salad or another dinner depending on how much spinach you want)
- 1 medium pepper, finely chopped (*I usually use red, orange, or yellow; your preference)
- 2 green onions, finely chopped (*you could use a regular onion)
- Ground pepper and salt (optional) to taste
Tip: You can even add mushrooms and cheese to this recipe. If you use cheese, try to keep cheese to about a 1/4 cup per day for balanced eating.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Lightly coat a twelve-cup muffin tray with spray (*sometimes the veggie egg muffins can stick in the tray)
- Place eggs in a large bowl and whisk to blend. Season with pepper and salt, if desired.
- Add spinach, peppers, onions; mix well
- About a 1/4 cup or more in each muffin cup
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into center of cups comes out clean.
For the 21 Day Fix, 2 veggie egg muffins would be 1 green container and 1 red container
The color coded containers are available for purchase in my fitness shop.
For more tips, support, recipes, meal planning, and other health and wellness assistance, please apply here by completing my get support form!