I used to be a toasted bagel and cream cheese kind of gal with the occasional ice tea or even coke for breakfast. It was convenient to purchase, quick, and something my brain had trained me to ‘think’ I needed to function when at work. I now get the question almost daily about my Shakeology. This has become my breakfast on the go! People just don’t get what Shakeology is all about until they take the plunge and try it for themselves. I know I was that skeptical girl! At first your mind is going to probably tell you YUCK! This is because your mind has been trained to like artificial sweeteners and flavors. Definitely chat with me regarding ways to mix your Shakeology depending on the flavor you purchase. Ultimately, I have learned that you CAN kick the bad habits and train your brain to crave foods that are going to better fuel your metabolism and nourish your body!
Now people want to know how I mix it and why it always looks so darn good.
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED:
- Shakeology – Vegan Chocolate, Chocolate, or Café Latte
- 10 ounces of milk (*I use Unsweetened Almond Milk. You can use regular milk, but be aware of the sugar. The other option is 1/2 water and 1/2 milk.)
- 1 cup Spinach (*OPTIONAL – If you have trouble getting your greens in for the day, adding to the shake is an option. I do not always add Spinach to my shake.)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract, Caramel extract, Coconut Extract, etc. (*Pick one that you enjoy!)
- 1 TBSP of PB (*You can use the powdered peanut butter…PB2)
- ice (2 handfuls)
- 1/3 cup of Love Crunch Dark Chocolate & Peanut Butter
WHAT TO DO:
I combine all ingredients in my blender except for the Love Crunch (last ingredient in my list above). The tip is to add enough ice that will allow your blender to blend without getting stuck. Sometimes I have to stop the blender and shake the container a bit, but that’s how I get the ice cream consistency. Pour mixture into a cup or bowl. Top with Love Crunch Dark Chocolate & Peanut Butter. Enjoy your Shakeology ice cream with a spoon!
If you are interested in learning more about Shakeology and clean eating, please contact me at Melissa@LLHealthyFit.com or fill at the application on my Get Support page.