I’m on a mission to make good use of all the produce in my refrigerator. Also, I was looking for a twist on my Veggie Egg Muffins. Typically, after a holiday gathering, there is excess food. These egg muffins are simple to make and are a great alternative to cereal in the morning when breakfast is often grab and go. You will either see me eating these egg muffins or with my multi-vitamin in hand – Shakeology.
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED:
- 10 to 12 eggs
- 1 cup of cooked ham, cubed (*I used the left over smoked ham from Easter)
- 1 (10 oz) bag of baby spinach, chopped (*Chop half the bag and use the rest for a salad or another dinner (Wedding Soup – FIXATE) depending on how much spinach you want; only need a couple handfuls, chopped, for the 12 muffins)
- 5 small to medium mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of mild banana peppers, finely chopped
- Ground pepper and salt (optional) to taste
Tip: You can add cheese to this recipe. If you use cheese, try to keep cheese to about a 1/4 cup per day for balanced eating.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Lightly coat a twelve-cup muffin tray with spray (*sometimes the ham & veggie egg muffins can stick in the tray)
- Place eggs in a large bowl and whisk to blend. Season with pepper and salt, if desired.
- Add ham, spinach, mushrooms, onions, banana peppers; mix well
- About a 1/4 cup or more in each muffin cup
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into center of cups comes out clean. I will place muffin cups on a cooling rack before storing in the refrigerator.
For the 21 Day Fix, 2 veggie egg muffins would be 1 green container and 1 red container.
The color coded containers are available for purchase in my fitness shop.
For more tips, support, recipes, meal planning, and other health and wellness assistance, please apply here by completing my get support form!