This momma is always on a mission to find healthy snacks that my daughter and I can make together. Now that my son is almost 10 months old…he is joining in on the baking fun too! I purchased the FIXATE cookbook to help take the guesswork out of my nutrition plan. There are large colorful pictures to compliment each recipe – I’m a big fan of the pictures when it comes to cookbooks! There’s so many amazing recipes in this book ranging from Gluten Free to Paleo to Vegan and Vegetarian. Not to mention each recipe indicates the seven color coded container equivalents per serving. We all know that nutrition plays a huge role in helping each of us achieve our fitness goals. It’s not a matter of figuring out what to eat; it’s also a question of figuring out how much to eat. Of course, I was excited to see the desserts included in the FIXATE cookbook and I couldn’t wait to make the Peanutty Peanut Butter Squares with my kids. A definite win in our family!
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly coat 8 x 8 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine peanut butter, honey, vanilla extract, eggs, and baking soda in a large mixing bowl; mix well.
- Evenly spread batter into 8 x 8 inch baking pan; smooth top with a spatula.
- Bake for 20 to 23 minutes. Squares may be a little soft when coming out of the oven, but they will continue to cook. The cooking time using my stove was closer to 27 minutes.
- Allow to cool and then cut into squares.
Each serving would equate to 1 yellow and 2 1/2 spoons if following the color coded container system. The recipe makes enough for 16 servings.
The color coded containers and the FIXATE cookbook are available for purchase in my fitness shop.
For more tips, support, recipes, meal planning, and other health and wellness assistance, please apply here by completing my get support form!