On Saturday, my daughter and I sat down together to come up with the meal plan for the week. Looking through the pictures from the FIXATE cookbook she immediately pointed to the soups. Chicken noodle soup was her choice and we decided to make it today. Perfect for a chilly day and this recipe does not take much effort to prepare, but tastes delicious – a win for this momma. We set aside approximately 10 minutes in the morning to cut up the carrots, onions, and celery. The chicken for this meal was frozen so we placed water in a pot and boiled the chicken on medium to low heat. Once cooked, the chicken was shredded with a fork. The extra shredded chicken will be used for chicken fajitas later in the week!
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups celery, sliced (about 4 medium stalks)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups chicken, cooked & shredded
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, sliced (about 3 medium)
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups pasta
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and celery; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add broth, pasta, chicken*, carrots, oregano, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil for about 10 minutes. *I like to prepare chicken in advance for the week by boiling in water. Once chicken is cooked – shred chicken with a fork. For the chicken soup recipe, I cut up all of my vegetables and boiled the chicken in the morning. Late in the afternoon, I prepared the chicken noodle soup per the recipe.
- Reduce heat to low and allow to cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add cilantro before serving.
Each serving would equate to 2 green, 1 1/2 yellow, and 1 red if following the color coded container system. The recipe makes enough for 4 servings.
The color coded containers and the FIXATE cookbook are available for purchase in my fitness shop.
For more tips, support, recipes, meal planning, and other health and wellness assistance, please apply here by completing my get support form!