It’s summer in PA, which means we spend a lot of time outdoors! This mom doesn’t want to be cooped up in the kitchen missing out on the giggles or chasing lighting bugs with her kids. I’m all about a meal that the entire family can eat and has a lot of flavor with little preparation time.
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 pounds of uncooked shrimp, peeled and de-veined (**uncooked shrimp is preferred over using the cooked shrimp)
- 4 ears of corn on the cob, husked
- 14 ounces of smoked sausage
- 2 pounds of baby red potatoes
- 3-6 TBSP Old Bay seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 TSP minced garlic
- 1 lemon
- 6 TBSP butter, melted
- Fresh parsley, chopped
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fill a pot (half-way) with water. Chop corn into thirds, then chop each third in half lengthwise. It is easiest to stand each third of corn on end to cut. Chop the potatoes into 2 inch pieces – skin can remain on the potatoes. Place corn and potatoes into the pot and bring to a boil for 10 minutes. Drain water and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, smoked sausage, corn, and potatoes. Stir together melted butter, Old Bay Seasoning, garlic, juice from half a lemon, and salt and pepper. Next you will pour the mixture over the shrimp, smoked sausage, corn, and potatoes. Stir to coat – might be easier to coat using hands to mix.
- Divide between 6 (12 by 12 inch) sheets of aluminum foil. Fold edges of foil up around the food to create a closed packet.
- Place the foil packets onto a baking sheet (as precaution to catch any juices if there was a hole in the foil packet) and bake in to the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes until corn is tender and shrimp is fully cooked.
- Serve shrimp-smoked sausage foil packets topped with fresh parsley, more fresh lemon juice, and optional melted butter.
For more tips, support, recipes, meal planning, and other health and wellness assistance, please apply here by completing my get support form! Please email me at Melissa@LLHealthyFit.com to participate in my next virtual accountability group!
2 thoughts on “Shrimp-Smoked Sausage Foil Packet Dinner”
Thanks for sharing 🙂
You are so welcome!
LikeLiked by 1 person