A high-quality nutritious snack that is simple to make and an option that helps me from eating a package of Hershey bars! Let’s face it – life is busy and we can all quickly get side tracked by the impulse purchase while waiting in line at the grocery checkout. I made these no bake protein squares while my husband prepared our Labor Day family dinner. For the kids, I added colorful sprinkles to the protein squares after melting the chocolate on top. Enjoy!
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED
- 1 cup of Oat Flour (*I make my own oat flour by processing oats in a food processor until smooth)
- 1 cup of Protein Powder (*I use 1 packet of Café Latte and 1 packet of Vanilla)
- 1/2 cup of Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup of Peanut Butter (*You can substitute Peanut Butter for Almond Butter)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup Semi-sweet Chocolate chips or Dark Chocolate Chips (*Melt according to package directions)
- Optional – Top with toasted coconut or sprinkles
WHAT TO DO
- Line 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place 1 cup of Rolled Oats in a food processor and pulse until smooth to make oat flour.
- Add the protein powder, almond four, and salt in food processor; pulse to mix.
- Add almond butter and vanilla extract; pulse for 1 minute or until crumbly.
- Add almond milk; pulse for 1 minute or until mixture forms a soft dough.
- Press dough into prepared pan from step #1. Smooth top with a spatula.
- Freeze, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Cut into sixteen squares approximately 2 x 2 inches each.
- Drizzle melted chocolate evenly on top of protein bars.
- Freeze for 10 minutes or until chocolate sets.
- Store in freezer for up to 1 week in airtight container.
For more tips, support, recipes, meal planning, and other health and wellness assistance, please apply here by completing my get support form! For portion control containers the container equivalent per serving is 1/2 yellow, 1/2 red, and 2 spoons.