Here is an alternative to store bought chicken nuggets. It is a recipe that my daughter enjoys helping us prepare!
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED:
- Olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 pound chicken breast cut into 1-inch chunks
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup Panko crumbs whole wheat
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves, optional
WHAT TO DO:
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
2. Season uncooked chicken with salt and pepper, to taste.
3. In a large bowl, combine Panko, Parmesan, garlic powder, and paprika.
4. Working in batches, dip uncooked chicken into flour, next egg, and then in the Panko mixture, pressing to coat.
5. Add chicken to the skillet (*start with a few until you have the cooking down) and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 3-4 minutes or until cooked all the way through. Toss frequently or turn.
6. Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan and parsley, if desired. This recipe goes great with a vegetable of choice and even a little macaroni and cheese for a child.
For more tips, support, recipes, meal planning, and other health and wellness assistance, please apply here by completing my get support form!
2 thoughts on “Parmesan Chicken Bites”
Yum! I’m going to try these out
Thank you for taking the time to look at the recipe! I hope you enjoy as much as we do 🙂