Meal planning can seem like a struggle and overwhelming; however, I’m here to help by providing you with simple, healthy recipes. All of the recipes on my blog are ones that I make for my family and friends. These are recipes that I have incorporated in my own health and fitness journey. Let me know what you think and be sure to browse the other delicious recipes – Nutritious Recipes.
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 – 3 boneless chicken breast
- 2 TBSP tomato paste
- Sea salt, dash
- Pepper, dash
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 oz. fresh mozzarella
- 3 cups spinach, packed
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups of marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, shredded
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheet with non-stick pan lining paper. This makes for easy clean-up.
- Prepare the chicken breast 1 of 2 ways.
- Place your knife at one end of a chicken breast, parallel to the cutting board. Cut into the middle of the chicken breast and slice from one end to the other, almost all the way through. Open the chicken breast up so that it’s one long, thinner piece. Once “stuffed” with the remaining ingredients, the chicken breast can be closed; the upper half of the chicken breast over the top of the topped lower half.
- The other option is to use a mallet to thin the chicken breast and then top with the remaining ingredients.
- Season the chicken breasts with sea salt and pepper.
- Spread the tomato paste on the chicken breast.
- Spread the ricotta on top of the tomato paste and then lay the mozzarella on top of the ricotta.
- Spread spinach and cherry tomatoes on the baking sheet.
- Place the chicken breasts on top of the spinach and cherry tomatoes on the baking sheet.
- Pour the marinara over the chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
For more tips, support, recipes, meal planning, and other health and wellness assistance, please apply here by completing my get support form!
This recipe makes approximately 2 servings. 21 day fix portion for this recipe is 1 green container, 1 blue container, 1/2 purple, and 1 red container. The color coded containers are available for purchase in my fitness shop.