– 1 cup brown rice, cooked
– 3 cups cooked chicken, diced or shredded (*Feel free to use another meat of choice or no meat at all.)
– 14 oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
– 3 cups or more of spinach, chopped
– 1/2 cup cilantro + more for garnish, chopped
– 1/2 cup green onions + more for garnish, chopped (*I used a white onion since I did not have green onions.)
– 1 cup salsa
– 1 cup tomato sauce
– 2 TSP chili powder
– 2 TSP cumin
– 1 TBSP garlic powder
– 3 cups of cheese (*I used the Mexican blend; however, use any cheese of your choice.)
WHAT TO DO:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Cook brown rice as per package instructions and add to a large mixing bowl along with spinach and mix to combine. You need the brown rice to be hot so it cooks down and reduces the size of the spinach. Saves you the extra step of sautéing.
3. Add remaining ingredients, reserving 1.5 cup cheese for topping, and mix well to combine. Transfer mixture to a baking dish and press on it gently to flatten.
4. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 30 minutes uncovered.
5. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with additional cilantro and onions.
For more tips, support, recipes, meal planning, and other health and wellness assistance, please apply here by completing my get support form!