INGREDIENTS YOU NEED:
- 4 medium bell peppers, cut in half with seeds removed (or 8 medium bell peppers, tops cut off with seeds removed)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 to 1/2 pounds of meat (grass-fed beef, locally raised chicken, etc.)
- 1 tsp ground chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups cooked quinoa or brown rice
- 1 (15 oz) can of black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 TBSP fresh lime juice
- 1 cup of shredded Monterey jack cheese
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO DO:
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place bell peppers, skin side down, in a large baking dish; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion; cook for 4 to 5 minutes stirring frequently or until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic; cook for 1 minute
- Add meat of choice, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper; cook for 5 minutes stirring frequently or until meat is no longer pink.
- Add tomato sauce, quinoa or brown rice, black beans, and lime juice. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Add a heaping 1/2 cup of meat mixture to each pepper half; cover light with foil.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until peppers are tender; remove foil.
- Top each pepper evenly with cheese and bake for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Serve sprinkled with fresh cilantro, salsa, or even red hot (if desired).
For more tips, support, recipes, meal planning, and other health and wellness assistance, please apply here by completing my get support form!
21 day fix portion for this recipe is 1 green container, 1 yellow, 1 red, and 1 blue. The color coded containers are available for purchase in my fitness shop.